Christ Lutheran Church has seven boards that have the responsibilities for the spiritual growth of the congregation, fellowship within the church and maintenance of church property. Board chairman serve two-year terms, board members serve one-year terms. Boards include Elders, Education, Fellowship, Stewardship, Properties, Outreach, and Volunteers.
The Lutheran Women Missionary League (LWML) and Altar Guild are two active organizations within the church who function to enhance the mission of the church.
There are a variety of opportunities to serve CLC and the community by pitching in to help with various activities listed below. Board membership is not required.
- Provide Christmas gifts for the Angel Tree
- Help at Habitat Build project
- Support Lutheran Child and Family Services
- Provide tomato plants for food pantries
- July 4th parade support
- Hamilton County 4H extension kitchen servers
- Easter Baskets for women's and children's shelter
- Substance Abuse Speaker
Supporting the Church Service
- Ushers (men and women)
- Greeters (families welcome)
- Altar Guild
- Sound Reinforcement and Service Recording
- Bell Choir
- Sunday Coffee Hour
- Meals for Families in need
- Young at Heart - Seniors Luncheon
- Visit shut-ins
- Sunday School teacher or assistant
- Leading Bible study
- Youth activities
- Christmas program
- Helping with Christmas decorations
- Church seasonal cleaning
- Church historian and publicity
Outside Church Maintenance
- Lawn mowing
- Snow removal
If you are interested in becoming involved in any of the listed items please reach out to the church office and they will direct you to the person responsible for each activity.
Planting tomatoes for food pantries